Last Updated: November 20, 2021
1. What Information Does Gladeo Collect?
We may collect information about you (and the computer or device you use to access our Sites) in a variety of ways:
- You may directly provide information to us
- You may choose to allow social media platforms to share information with us
- You may provide information to one of our strategic partners
- We may gather other information from your device when you visit our Site or other services, or when you view our online ads
- We may obtain additional information about you from other sources where permitted by law
More detail on each of these is immediately below.
Information you directly provide
When you create an account, participate in our offers, programs, or Site features, submit a testimonial or complete a career profile question, or otherwise communicate with us, you may directly provide us with information, including (but not limited to) the following:
- Identifiers, such as name, email address, phone number and postal address or zip code
- Username and password for a Gladeo account
- Professional information, such as job title, work history, educational background, resume, and cover letter
- Educational information, such as educational background or grades or transcripts
- Payment information, such as credit card information and billing address
- Age or birthdate
- Student financial information
- Demographic information, such a race or ethnicity
- Categorical information, such as whether you are a student, teacher, or professional.
- Other information you affirmatively allow a third-party service (such as Facebook) to provide to us
Information from social media platforms
If you choose to access or make use of third-party social media platforms (such as Facebook or Twitter), we may receive personal information about you that you have made available to those services, including information about your contacts on those services. For example, some social media platforms allow you to push content from our Site to your contacts or to pull information about your contacts so you can connect with them on our Site. Some social media platforms also will facilitate your registration or log-in for our Site or enhance or personalize your experience on our Site. Your decision to use a social media platform will always be voluntary. However, you should make sure you are comfortable with the information social media platforms may make available to our Site by carefully reading and reviewing those platforms’ privacy policies.
Information you provide to our strategic partners
If you choose to provide information to our strategic partners, such as educational institutions, workforce organizations, or other development organization, we may receive Personal Information about you that you have made available to the partners. For example, the work history or profile information that you have chosen to share with the strategic partners may be shared with Gladeo to allow you to register for programs or classes.
Information we gather from your device when you visit our Sites or when you view our online ads
- Device type (such as desktop, tablet, or mobile device)
- Browser type (such as Internet Explorer)
- Operating system (such as Windows)
- IP address, device ID, or similar information
- Geolocation information
- Websites or online services you visit before or after our Site
- Your interaction with our Site (such as the links you click, the pages and items you view, and the search terms you submit)
- Whether you open or forward our emails or click on elements within these emails
Information we may obtain from other sources
We may obtain information about you, even if we don't have a direct relationship with you, from other sources, such as public databases, schools and colleges, employers, data aggregators, and other commercially available sources. This information may include:
- Identifiers, such as name, email address, and postal address
- Social media user IDs
- Phone number
- Demographic information
- Income level
- Interests, hobbies, and product preferences
- Interactions with media or advertising
- Marital and familial status
- Publicly observable activities (such as blogs and online postings)
2. HOW WE USE THIS INFORMATION
We use the information we collect (in combination with other information we or third-party service providers may have) to operate our business, to communicate with you regarding our products, services, and promotions, to provide you with other information, services, products, job listings, education and training program information, or other materials you request, to customize your interactive experience (including by providing you with relevant advertising on our Site and elsewhere), and/or to manage and improve our sites, products, and service offerings.
Some specific examples of how we may use this information are as follows:
- To register you to receive emails or other information or materials you request
- To register you for a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion
- To create and manage your account as a user or member of our Site (or as someone who may post content to our Site)
- To provide you with services or offers you have requested
- To respond if you contact us
- To better understand the audience for our Sites and services
- To conduct analytics services regarding how our products, services, and Sites are accessed and used
- To help us develop new products, services, and sites
- To provide advertising and marketing services, including by developing and delivering advertising and other communications more tailored to your interests
- To send push notifications on our mobile applications
- To help us improve our advertising
- To detect security incidents; protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; and to prosecute those responsible for that activity
3. HOW WE MAY SHARE INFORMATION WITH OTHERS
We may share the information we collect with the following types of entities for business purposes:
- Parties with Consent. We share information with educational institutions, workforce organizations, or other strategic partners whenever you request to receive information from them or otherwise intentionally interact with their content, products or messages on the site.
- Service providers. We may share information – including information that personally identifies you – with companies that provide services on our behalf. Some service providers may be involved in administering or supplementing our databases and will need to have access to your information in order to do so. For example, we may provide information from our databases to third parties who help us direct specific advertising communications to you when you visit other sites.
- Other parties when required by law or as necessary to protect our users and services. We also may disclose information – including information that personally identifies you – to third parties in order to:
- Protect our legal rights, as well as the rights of the users of our Site or others
- Protect the safety and security of the Site, its users, or others
- Prevent fraud
- Comply with the law or respond to legal process or a request for cooperation by a government entity, whether or not legally required.
- Other parties in connection with a corporate transaction. We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event that we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party. For example, if we reorganize our corporation, we may give our user database to the resulting entity as part of that reorganization.
- Not-for-profits organization. We may share aggregated data and impact metrics with not-for-profit organizations.
When we disclose data for business purposes as discussed above, we may disclose all categories of data listed in Section 1 above.
4. ADDITIONAL DETAILS
Third parties may provide content, advertising, or functionality on our site
Some of the content, advertising, and functionality on our Site may be provided by third parties that are not affiliated with us. For example:
- We may enable you to share certain materials on the Site with others through social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter, and those platforms may provide tools for doing so on our Site.
These third parties may collect or receive certain information about your use of the Site, including by using cookies and other technologies, and this information may be collected over time and combined with information collected across different websites and online services.
One of the third parties that provides services on our Site is Google Inc. Like many websites, we use Google Analytics, a service that provides information about how many users visit our Site, when they visit, and how they navigate the Site once they are here. Google offers a browser add-on that enables users to opt-out of having data about their visits reported to websites by Google Analytics. More information about the Google Analytics add-on is here.
We also may use other Google Analytics tools, such as Demographics and Interest Reporting, which enables us to learn more about the characteristics and interests of the users who visit our Site, and Remarketing with Google Analytics, which enables us to provide relevant advertising on different websites and online services. You can opt out of having your data used for these additional Google Analytics tools by visiting this page and opting out of ads provided by Google.
Security for credit card data and transaction information
We are committed to keeping your online transactions safe and secure. We have put procedures in place designed to safeguard other information we collect from you. Please note, however, that we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of any information you provide online; you provide it at your own risk.
Links to other sites
User-generated content and public profile features
Our Site may, from time to time, contain interactive areas where Site users might submit comments or other content (including information about the user that might be displayed in the user's public profile within an online community) that may be visible to others. Users should be aware that when they voluntarily disclose personal identifiers (e.g., name, email address, etc.) or other personal information in content submitted for posting or publication, the information can be read and used by others. This may result in unsolicited messages from other posters or parties. We make no representations and undertake no obligations as to the security or use of information you voluntarily include when submitting content.
Some web browsers may transmit "do-not-track" signals to the websites and other online services with which a user communicates. There is no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. As a result, like many websites and online services, Gladeo currently does not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard is established and accepted, Gladeo may revisit its policy on responding to these signals.
This Site is intended for adults and young adults. Where we have actual knowledge that a user of the Site is older than 12 and younger than 16, we will request affirmative authorization from the minor before selling the minor's Personal Information.
This Site is not directed to children and we will not knowingly request any Personal Information from children under 13 at this Site. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has given us Personal information, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact us. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.”
United States only
This Site is intended for use by residents of the United States of America only. All matters relating to this Site are governed by the laws of the United States. If you are located outside of the United States and you contact us, please be advised that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States and processed in the United States. By submitting information, you explicitly authorize this transfer and the processing of your information within the United States.
5. YOUR CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION; EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Your control over your information
You always have the right to review and update the information that you previously provided to us at this Site. You may contact us as described in the "How to contact us and how to exercise your privacy rights" section below in order to arrange this.
You can opt out of receiving our marketing emails
You can terminate your account
You may request deletion of your Site account by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Please note that some information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
You can control certain cookies and tracking tools
You have choices related to cookies and tracking tools. Most browsers have an option for turning off the cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allowing you to decide on acceptance of each new cookie in a variety of ways. To control flash cookies, which we may use on certain sites from time to time, you can go here. Why? Because flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings. If you block or reject cookies, certain features on the Web Site may not work. To opt out of having your online behavior collected for behavioral advertising purposes, click here. Certain choices you make may be browser-specific and/or device-specific. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
How to contact us
If you would like to exercise any legal rights you may have to access, delete, or otherwise address your personal information, please contact us. Once we receive your request, we may verify it by requesting information sufficient to confirm your identity. If you would like to use an agent to exercise your rights and that is authorized by the relevant laws, we may request evidence that you have provided such agent with power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. We will not discriminate against you for exercising these rights or choices, although some of the functionality and features available on the Sites may change or no longer be available to you. Any difference in the Sites will be related to the value of the information that is no longer available to us or usable by us.
- Access – You can request that we disclose to you the categories of personal information (as defined under applicable law) that we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which we collected the personal information, the categories of personal information we sold or disclosed, our business or commercial purpose for collecting and selling your personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we shared your personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you over the past 12 months.
- Deletion – You can request that we delete your personal information that we maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions.
- We collect and use the following categories of Personal Information as set forth in applicable California law: identifiers; payment and customer records information; characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (such as demographic information like age and gender); commercial information; professional or employment information; internet or other electronic network activity information; geolocation data; and inferences.
- We collect these categories of Personal Information from the categories of sources described in Section 1 above.
- We collect and use each of these categories of Personal Information for the business and commercial purposes described in Section 2 above.
- We may “sell” the following categories of Personal Information: device/IP data;; Internet or other electronic network activity; and geolocation data. We may sell these categories of Personal Information to the categories of third parties described in Section 3 above.